All regular council meetings shall convene at 5:00 PM beginning Jan 27, 2015 (Pre-council will be at 4:30 PM).
General long-term goals
- Provide for the public health, safety, and welfare of the community.
- Create a positive economic environment.
- Encourage diverse recreational, educational, and cultural opportunities and maintain a full range of efficiently provided municipal services.
- Provide a positive work environment which encourages teamwork, initiative, productivity, and individual development and creativity.
- Commit to excellence in leadership and management skills to instill confidence in the integrity of City government.
- Promote orderly growth while minimizing negative impacts on the community and its environment.
- Enhance police and fire protection in the community.
- Identify, prioritize and fund capital improvements for the community.
- Continue to work with the Economic Development Foundation (EDF) to implement its strategic plan.
- Continue aggressive annexation program.
- Continue our involvement with the federal, state, county and local elected officials.
- Develop opportunities for local citizens to serve at the state level.
- Continue our involvement with the national and state municipal leagues.
2016-2020 Rainbow City Mayor and Council
L to R: Jim Turnbach, Attorney, Elizabeth Haney, Judge, Rick Hill, Tim Ramsey, Barbara T. Wester, Clerk, Terry John Calhoun, Mayor, Anita Bedwell, Bobby McCartney, and Larry Keenum.
Robert McCartney, Jr.
Terry John Calhoun