The City Council of the City of Rainbow City, Alabama, met in regular session at City Hall at 6:30 p.m., and upon roll call by Beth Lee, acting City Clerk/Treasurer the following members answered present: Mayor Terry John Calhoun, Council members: Anita Bedwell, Bobby McCartney, Lloyd Matthews, Larry Keenum and Kris Cornutt.
The same constituting a quorum of the City Council, the following business was transacted. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Terry John Calhoun. Invocation was given by Larry Keenum. Mayor Calhoun led the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.
- Mayor Calhoun presented the minutes of December 14, 2009 for review and asked if there were any corrections, additions, or deletions. There being none, Lloyd Matthews moved and Kris Cornutt seconded the motion to approve the minutes as presented. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Mayor Calhoun presented a request from The Chamber Gadsden & Etowah County for the city to purchase a table for eight (8) at the annual dinner on January 29, 2010 for $280.00. Anita Bedwell moved and Larry Keenum seconded the motion to purchase the table. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Mayor Calhoun presented a request for an ad from the Alabama Wagon Train. Request died for lack of a motion.
- Mayor Calhoun asked the Council to decide when City Hall should be closed for Christmas 2010. Larry Keenum moved and Anita Bedwell seconded the motion to close on Friday and Monday, December 24 and 27, 2010. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Lloyd Matthews complimented the Street and Sanitation Departments on the good job they did during Christmas week.
- Kris Cornutt wished everyone a happy and blessed New Year.
- Larry Keenum presented a request from Chief Ragan to promote Lt. Greg Carroll to Captain and Sgt. Chase Jenkins to Lieutenant. There will be no raise involved. Larry Keenum moved and Anita Bedwell seconded the motion to grant the promotion. Discussion followed.
Mayor asked for a roll call as follows:
Anita Bedwell yes
Bobby McCartney yes
Lloyd Matthews yes
Larry Keenum yes
Kris Cornutt yes
Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
There being no further business to come before the Council at this time, Larry Keenum made a motion to adjourn.
Time adjourned: 6:45 p.m.
Beth Lee, Acting City Clerk/Treasurer
Terry John Calhoun, Mayor