The City Council of the City of Rainbow City, Alabama, met in regular session at City Hall at 6:00 p.m., and upon roll call by the City Clerk, Barbara T. Wester, the following members answered present: Mayor, Terry John Calhoun; Council members: Anita Bedwell, Bobby McCartney, Tim Ramsey, Larry Keenum, and Rick Hill. The same constituting a quorum of the City Council, the following business was transacted. The Meeting was called to order by Mayor Calhoun. Invocation was given by Larry Keenum. Mayor Calhoun led the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.
- Mayor Calhoun presented the minutes of September 9, 2013 for review, and asked if there were any corrections, additions, or deletions. There being none, Tim Ramsey made a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Bobby McCartney seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Mayor Calhoun said the FEMA Door replacements at Riddles Bend Fire Station, was tabled at the last meeting, and asked if the Council wanted to take off the table. No motion was made, so will remain indefinitely.
- Mayor Calhoun presented the budget for approval. Discussion followed. Anita Bedwell made a motion to approve the 2013-2014 Budget. Rick Hill seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Mayor Calhoun presented a request from the Court Clerk to attend “Current issues involving Municipal Court Practice and Procedure,” in Hoover on October 18, 2013, and cancel prior plans to attend the 2013 Court Conference, September 18-21 in Perdido. Bobby McCartney made a motion to approve the request. Anita Bedwell seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Discussion was held concerning the city’s five (5) garbage trucks. The Mayor appointed Larry, Rick, and Greg Payne to check on the value of the trucks and get back with the Council.
- Debra Johnson of Springhill Drive, appeared before the Council to discuss flooding on her street. The Mayor asked the City Engineer to check this out. She also mentioned speeding, and the Mayor asked the Chief to check on this.
There being no further business to come before the Council at this time, Larry Keenum made a motion to adjourn.
Time Adjourned: 6:20 p. m.
Barbara T. Wester, City Clerk/Treasurer
Terry John Calhoun, Mayor