STATE OF ALABAMA
COUNTY OF ETOWAH
CITY OF RAINBOW CITY-COUNCIL MEETING-DECEMBER 23, 2014
The City Council of the City of Rainbow City, Alabama, met in regular session at City Hall at 6:00 p.m., and upon roll call by the City Clerk, Barbara T. Wester, the following members answered present: Mayor: Terry John Calhoun; Council members: Anita Bedwell, Bobby McCartney, Tim Ramsey, Larry Keenum, and Rick Hill. The same constituting a quorum of the City Council, the following business was transacted. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Calhoun. Invocation was given by Bobby McCartney. Mayor Calhoun led the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.
- Mayor Calhoun presented the minutes of December 8, 2014 for review, and asked if there were any corrections, additions, or deletions. There being none, Larry Keenum made a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Bobby McCartney seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Mayor Calhoun asked the Council if there were any recommendations for the appointment of two (2) members to the IDA Board. Discussion followed. Anita Bedwell made a motion to table until the next meeting. Tim Ramsey seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Mayor Calhoun presented the sponsorship of a table for eight (8) at the annual Chamber Meeting, at a cost of $500.00. Tim Ramsey made a motion to offer the seats to city employees. Larry Keenum seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- The City Engineer said everything has been completed and the City has paid our portion for Project No. STMOA-STPOA-8104 (600) Etowah County, on the Black Creek Parkway Extension in Rainbow City.
- Mayor Calhoun presented a request for a street light at the intersection of Smurf Road and Canoe Creek. Bobby McCartney made a motion to have the light installed. Tim Ramsey seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Mayor Calhoun stated that Rainbow City’s portion of the Storm Water Program is divided by the cities based on the square miles of the city. Rainbow City’s portion is $7,045.00. This total cost is $70,450.00, and will be divided by the other cities and county. Larry Keenum made a motion to pay our portion. Bobby McCartney seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye.
- Monthly departmental reports: Community Center, Library, Court, Building, Police and Fire Department.
- Mayor Calhoun announced that the next council meeting will be January 12, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. Pre-council will be at 4:30 p.m., and the work session will be at 4:00 p.m.
There being no further business to come before the council at this time, Anita Bedwell made a motion to adjourn. Time adjourned: 6:15 p.m.
Barbara T. Wester, City Clerk/Treasurer
Terry John Calhoun, Mayor