STATE OF ALABAMA
COUNTY OF ETOWAH
CITY OF RAINOW CITY-COUNCIL MEETING-JULY 10, 2017
The City Council of the City of Rainbow City, Alabama, met in regular session at City Hall at 5:00 p.m., and upon roll call by the City Clerk, Barbara T. Wester, the following members answered present: Mayor: Terry John Calhoun; Council members: Anita Bedwell, Bobby McCartney, Tim Ramsey, Larry Keenum, and Rick Hill.
The same constituting a quorum of the City Council, the following business was transacted. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Calhoun. Invocation was given by Rick Hill.
Mayor Calhoun led the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.
Mayor Calhoun made the following announcements:
Ribbon Cutting-Friday, July 14, 2017 at 11:00 a.m., at Peoples Bank (located across the street from Sparks Orthopedics).
Industrial Development Board Meeting, Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Back to School Tax Holiday, July 21-23, 2017. (Friday –Sunday).
4th Annual Hope It Floats Cardboard Race at Rainbow Landing, Saturday, July 22, 2017, beginning at 10:30 a.m., and ending at 2:00 p.m.
A user of the MY POLICE DEPARTMENT phone app sent the following message: He said Detective Yancey is a very professional officer and was very helpful when his home was broken into recently.
Received a letter from the Greater Etowah 310 Board thanking the City for a recent donation.
- Mayor Calhoun presented the minutes of June 26, 2017 for review, and asked if there were any corrections, additions, or deletions. There being none, Rick Hill made a motion to approve the minutes as presented. Bobby McCartney seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Mayor Calhoun said no bids were received for the surplus items in the Library, so the items can be destroyed.
- Mayor Calhoun presented a request from the Titan Mart 104 (Formerly Maverick’s) for retail beer and retail wine (off premises only). Anita Bedwell made a motion to approve the request. Rick Hill seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Mayor Calhoun presented the following monthly reports: Police, Fire, Building, Library, Community Center and Court. He asked if anyone has comments. There being none, he asked the records to show the reports were presented.
- Mayor Calhoun stated that Kristy Causey will start to work July 14, 2017 at $11.25 per hour, as a part-time animal control officer. Rick Hill made a motion to this effect. Anita Bedwell seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
- Larry Keenum made a motion to purchase two (2) doors for the City Shop. Rick Hill seconded the motion. Mayor Calhoun stated all in favor say aye. All ayes. Mayor Calhoun declared the motion carried.
There being no further business to come before the Council at this time, Anita Bedwell made a motion to adjourn.
Tim Adjourned: 5:06 p.m.
Barbara T. Wester, City Clerk/Treasurer
` Terry John Calhoun, Mayor