All regular council meetings shall convene at 5:00 p.m. beginning Jan 27, 2015 (Pre-council begins at 4:30 p.m.).
General long-term goals
- Provide for the public health, safety, and welfare of the community.
- Create a positive economic environment.
- Encourage diverse recreational, educational, and cultural opportunities and maintain a full range of efficiently provided municipal services.
- Provide a positive work environment which encourages teamwork, initiative, productivity, and individual development and creativity.
- Commit to excellence in leadership and management skills to instill confidence in the integrity of City government.
- Promote orderly growth while minimizing negative impacts on the community and its environment.
- Enhance police and fire protection in the community.
- Identify, prioritize and fund capital improvements for the community.
- Continue to work with the Economic Development Foundation (EDF) to implement its strategic plan.
- Continue aggressive annexation program.
- Continue our involvement with the federal, state, county and local elected officials.
- Develop opportunities for local citizens to serve at the state level.
- Continue our involvement with the national and state municipal leagues.
2020-2024 Rainbow City Mayor and Council
Joe Taylor, Mayor
Anita Bedwell, Place 1
Randy Vice, Place 2
Jeff Prince, Place 3
Jameson Jenkins, Place 4
Clark Hopper, Place 5